Tara Shapiro’s name is one synonymous with the luxury real estate market of coastal Newport Beach. With an innate understanding of the dynamic, local market climate, Tara proficiently connects clients with rare and often hard-to-find properties - meeting their discerning criteria and affording an educated perspective on the nuances of buying and selling within this unique market segment.
Specializing in the exclusive waterfront communities of Newport Beach, Tara’s professional achievements include:
- Recognized by the 2021 Real Trends & Wall Street Journal The Thousand Rankings by volume: Number 1 Individual Agent in Newport Beach, Number 21 Individual Agent in California, and Number 54 Individual Agent in the United States.
- Top producing waterfront selling agent Newport Beach 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Number one selling agent on the Balboa Peninsula 2021
- Representation in the top four residential waterfront transactions on the Balboa/Newport Peninsula, per historical MLS records.
- Representation in the highest recorded residential sale on Newport Harbor.
- The highest individual volume for residential waterfront sales for 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021
within the neighborhoods of Balboa Peninsula, Balboa Peninsula Point, and West Newport.
With over $188,000,000 in closed individual sales in 2020 and over $190,000,000 closed and in escrow in
2021, Tara garners consistent respect for her discretion and business acumen, and her professionalism and
disciplined work ethic have cultivated a loyal repeat and referral clientele. Via myriad community involvements
and personal experience Tara has fostered an invaluable network of contacts and resources that often prove
beneficial in successfully facilitating transactions for her clients. An impassioned dog lover, she and her husband
are residents of the Balboa Peninsula Point neighborhood, wherein Tara is actively involved in the community
association, serving as Vice-President and enjoys playing both social and competitive tennis. Additionally, as a
supporter of Hoag Hospital, Tara is committed to her involvement in its cancer programs and various charitable
Sotheby's International Realty®
Sotheby's International Realty is the foremost purveyor of luxury property across the globe. As such, the Sotheby's International Realty network of brokerages completes over $100 billion (USD) in luxury sales annually. Among these sales are many of the most sizable and important transactions in desirable markets as diverse as London, New York, Hong Kong, Geneva, Tokyo, San Francisco, Dubai, Shanghai, Moscow, Paris, as well as other notable high-end residential and resort destinations around the world.
Sotheby's International Realty collaborates with the following global partners to offer property exposure efforts through direct and cooperative advertising:
- The New York Times
- International Herald Tribune
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Wall Street Journal Asia
- The Wall Street Journal Europe
- BBC British Broadcasting Corp.
- The Daily Telegraph
- Sotheby's At Auction
- Country Life
- Robb Report Exceptional Properties
- Robb Report Collection
- The Globe And Mail
- Luxury Properties Magazine
- The Financial Times
- South China Morning Post
- Reside Magazine
- Reside Locale
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty provides the most comprehensive online strategy in the industry, delivering unparalleled property exposure through internationally-significant media companies and real-estate-dedicated websites worldwide.